Monday, February 29, 2016

Pellegrini: That's the way I wanted to win

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini was over the moon after winning a trophy League Cup in England. His team reached him after success over Liverpool after a penalty shootout.
In regular time the score was 1:1, Liverpool leveled at the very end. When hit from
11 meters but the hero has become the keeper of "citizens" Willy Caballero, who took three blows of the enemy and under Chilean, this was the perfect development of the game.

"Definitely we deserved to win much earlier, but I'm glad that the game has evolved exactly this way and beat just after the drama, because after that we have your hero. Villas was great and I am very happy for him."
"Many were ready to criticize me that I did not let Joe Hart, waiting Caballero mistake to attack me. But he did great. I promised him that we will keep on buying and therefore prefer to even lose a trophy instead not kept his word, "said Pellegrini after the game.
However trophy, currently his team behind nine points behind leaders Leicester in the Premiership. City continues to battle in the Champions League, but will not give up and the Premier League.
"Many people criticized me that writedowns FA Cup, but there was nothing else to do. I can not afford to drain 13 players with three matches in a week. But the important thing is that we go forward for the other races."
"So now not to count the Premier League. All teams will lose points by the end of the season, so we are left only to win and what you need to do more in the next match with Liverpool during the week," said Pellegrini.

No comments:

Post a Comment