Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Lionel Messi: Rijkaard played the most important role of my career

Barcelona star and five-time winner of the "Golden Ball" for the best player in the world Lionel Messi believes that the greatest contribution to the development of his career
has former Catalans coach Frank Rijkaard.

In the words of Messi without Dutch coach Rijkaard would not have broken through into the first team.
"All the coaches I've worked with have contributed," said Messi.
"But I think the most important role played Rijkaard. If he did not believe in me, I'm crying training and matches with the first team, maybe I would not be in the starting formation, "commented Leo Messi added:
"I've always said that Rijkaard for me is very important. He bet me at the right time. It was extremely important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment