Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pellegrini: I do not feel betrayed by City and Pep


Outgoing Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini does not feel betrayed by the club or his deputy Pep Guardiola. The fate of the Chilean was predestined at the beginning of the year when "citizens" announced the upcoming parting with him and the appointment of the Spaniard.


In England identified the move as a betrayal of the Pellegrini, more so at a time when this was done, City are still fighting for titles in all competitions in which participated. Now is the semifinals of the Champions League, which did not has never happened in history.

"I do not feel betrayed in any way. Neither the club nor Pep. When I signed, I was aware that I have a contract for three years and that at one stage Manchester City wanted to commit Guardiola."

"Well, these three years have passed and now the club will work with Pep. So I have absolutely no hard feelings toward him. He acted in the most correct way and is solely my respect."

"Still maintaining good relations with each of the club, with sporting director Txiki Begiristain ... I have only good memories of your stay here and am grateful for the opportunity that was offered me," said Pellegrini.

Chilean is very proud of the achievements so far with "citizens", but does not intend to stop there. He wants to part with them, brought them to the trophy in the Champions League. They are currently on the penultimate stage and the obstacle there is Real Madrid.

"I do not want to think what let Pep. I do not want to think I'm doing this team a champion with a record number of goals scored. I think only about how to win the Champions League."

"We got first group, then for the first time We got quarterfinals. Before I came here, City had not won a single game in the Champions League and now we semifinalists. So there is definitely progress," said Pellegrini yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment