Friday, November 26, 2010

Rooney apologized to fans on the contract saga


Wayne Rooney finally apologized to fans of Manchester United for the manner in which negotiated the transfer last month, but assured them that never had a chance to switch to city rivals Manchester City.

Having signed a new five-year contract and apologized to his teammates, Rooney had to do the same and the fans of Manchester United. But this was only after the match with Glasgow Rangers in the Champions League in which the attacker and said the only winning goal from the penalty spot.

"I felt that I apologized to fans by signing a new contract, but all said that I did not. If so, then I apologize officially," said Rooney, as quoted by British media.

"I belong to Manchester United want to succeed with this club. Believe me, if I left, it would not be in the direction of Manchester City, but outside of England," added the striker.

"I spoke with the manager and executive director David Gill and they obviously failed to convince me that the club moves forward and then about 2-3 hours discussing my contract before signing it," explained English football.

"At the moment most important for me to play and score goals. I take back the great form from last year. I am a person who believes in himself and know that I can do," he said.

"Everything happened to distract me a little, but I've had before, and heavy moments in my career and I deal with them. 100% sure that it will deal with that. I'm happy it's over and now past, only look forward, "concluded Rooney.

No comments:

Post a Comment